Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BufBloPoFo Day 3

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 3: If nothing else, BufBloPoFo is a learning tool. Last year, we learned how to load a dishwasher, how to take a leak, etc. Let’s keep that going this year, but instead of focusing on what people are doing wrong, tell me what you think you do right. Walk me through a process. Give me the step-by-steps. Can you make damn good baba ganoush? Can you tie a bow tie? Can you pour the perfect Guinness??? Teach me how, perfesser.

Michele's sure fire way to get rid of stubborn diaper rash.

First and foremost, when your child is screaming because you are rubbing his tush raw (mainly because that is all he does is poop) your heart breaks. There is nothing worse than hearing that awful howling. Everything I read stated that "the area" needs air. For those of you with boys, you know this is near impossible. Little boys who get "air" also pee all over their Mommy and Daddy's. I came up with a better solution all around.

First, get rid of the wipes completely. Sensitive or not, they are no good for newborn sensitive skin. Although it may seem inconvenient at 2am, a washcloth with warm water will really help in the long run. Gently clean the area and using a hair dryer on low warm, dry his bum bum. Studies show that the hair dryer is also a useful tool to stop babies from crying because of the "white noise" sound. Using premature diapers that no longer fit him, tee pee his pee pee. I am sure there is an easier way, but I have yet to figure it out. Once his bum is dry, apply desired bum cream (A&D for us) and diaper away. Within 3-4 days, the once red and blistered bum bum will be healed and looking like new.

The end.

Did I mention I am exhausted?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home