Thursday, February 19, 2009

38 weeks!!!

First and foremost, the Buffalo Theatre community is so small and we consider each other one big happy extended family. Losing someone in that family is painful and this community has had its fair share of losses in the past month. On January 13th we lost Tim White from complications of his dialysis. He was in the show American Rhapsody at Musicalfare Theatre at the time of his death and it came as a shock to everyone of his passing. Today we received another blow. Michael Tosha, Associate Producer of O'Connell and Company passed away while in Cleveland. No word on what caused his death, but he was a wonderful man and will be missed.

Now, on a lighter note...

I am holding up really well for being 9 1/2 months pregnant. I am still working and plan on working until my water breaks or contractions begin. My boss is qualified to deliver a child but has made me promise that he won't have to. Every time he sees me in the office he cracks up and just says, "I really don't think you should be here." The truth is, I feel great! Almost too good. Yes I have aches and pains but for being where I am in the pregnancy, I am doing really REALLY well.

I had an Ob-Gyn appointment today and I lost 5 pounds since last week. Not sure how or why that happened, but the Doc didn't seem too concerned. (Imagine losing weight and thinking of it as a bad thing??) We did hear great news which was I may be induced NEXT WEEK! The Doc is convinced that our child is over 8 pounds and if that is the case, he wants to stop the the cooking process and get the baby out before my chances of a regular delivery are completely nixed. So we have an ultrasound tomorrow to get an estimate of Baby Benzin's size and based on what we find out, we may be parents a week early!! If the sonogram shows that the baby is less than 90th percentile (meaning an average sized baby), we will be pregnant for another 2-4 weeks. On a side note, the baby is still head down and is curled up on my right side with its little feet kicking my left AND while last week the baby had a BABY BOY heartbeat of 132, this week had a BABY GIRL heartbeat of 158. Hm. We shall see!

Here is what is happening with Baby Benzin this week.

Our baby has really plumped up. He or she weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). Baby has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his or her hand for the first time! The organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color our baby's eyes will be? We may not be able to tell right away. If the baby is born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If baby is born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time Baby Benzin is 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after the birth, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

Well, that's it for now. Stay tuned for new pictures of the Baby tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home