Thursday, February 12, 2009

37 weeks = FULL TERM!!!

Holy crap, it could be any day now! Sadly Todd and I are perpetually late to everything so this child may have inherited that unfortunate gene. The baby has not dropped at all and I am so used to the Braxton Hicks Contractions I hardly feel them anymore. Your brain tells you that you are going to be pregnant forever, even though of course I know that isn't the case. Still, it didn't help when I found a program on The Discovery Channel called, "Pregnant for 47 Years." Sigh.

Here is what is happening with Baby Benzin this week:

Baby Benzin is full term! This means that if our baby arrives now, the lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though our due date is still three weeks away. Our baby weighs approximately 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if our baby's hair isn't the same color as ours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

I am predicting peach fuzz for this child with a sporty mohawk perhaps? Looking forward to the next few weeks! I am not at the point where I am saying, "If I am pregnant for 1 more day I will kill someone" so I am taking advantage of the fact that I feel pretty darn good! If I am still pregnant a week after my due date, my tune may change a bit. :)

STAY TUNED!!

1 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

Oh yay, Michele!! That's fantastic! Full term is so wonderful :)

Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home