Thursday, December 11, 2008

You know you're pregnant when...

...you take that first sip of the strange thick orange liquid that is your Glucose Tolerance Test and think, damn this is pretty good! It tastes like Orange Crush minus the carbonation. It was ice cold and quite tasty and even though I was given 10 minutes to finish it I had it all gone in 6. We will find out by our next appointment if I have Gestational Diabetes (pronounced like Wilfred Brimley please) and my Doctor does not fool around. If my sugar is higher than 140 I have Diabetes and that is that. There will be no further testing just a modified diet for the remainder of the pregnancy. I am hoping they don't call me prior to cookies, cake, and all the bad naughty yummy things associated with Christmas and tell me to lay off. That would be crap.

I can't believe it but we are 7 months pregnant today. AND for the first time in 7 months I am measuring SPOT ON! Not too big, NEVER too small... just right.

Unfortunately I am suffering one of the MANY common symptoms of pregnancy which is a severely sore lower back which went bye bye somewhere between last night and tonight. My sciatica is being pinched pretty hard core so I am hitting up a Chiropractor tomorrow and a massage from the lovely Marie Costa on Monday. Hopefully I will stop my bending over/waddling by next week.

A picture is coming, I promise. Just imagine a barn with legs.

Here is what is going on with Baby Benzin this week:

By this week, Baby Benzin weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese Cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of the head to its heels. Baby Benzin can blink those eyes, which now sport lashes. With the eyesight developing, the baby may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. Baby Benzin is also developing billions of neurons in that glorious brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

2 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

Any word on the GD, babe? I can't believe how far along you are! I need a new belly pic :)

Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

No news on the GD. They said that they would give me the results at my next appointment. I am going by the old adage NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!

Friday, December 19, 2008 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home