Friday, November 28, 2008

26 weeks and 1 day...

Wow. We have 97 days to go before we meet Baby Benzin. Of course I would be ok with 80 days making this little one a February Baby, but whatever Mother Nature decides is fine with me.

Here is what is happening with Baby Benzin this week:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. The Baby may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. Baby Benzin is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his or her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when the baby is born and takes that first gulp of air. Baby Benzin is continuing to put on baby fat and weighs about 1 pound and 2/3rds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

Baby Benzin really enjoyed his or her 1st Thanksgiving. Strangely enough, I think Cranberry Sauce was the favorite side dish for our Tiny Dancer. Todd and I are so blessed and we are looking forward to holding and cuddling our little one soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear my grandchild's ears are developing and he/she can hear me say to your belly, "Hi honey, it's Grammy. We love you!"

Love, Mom

Friday, November 28, 2008 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger M. said...

Yay for 26 weeks!! Go you! It's kind of daunting to think that they can hear us, isn't it? :) Yoga this week?

Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I do believe I am free this Thursday so I should be there. I need a good yoga session.

I love that the baby can hear us but it makes me really watch what I say. I am sure it doesn't understand a word but hey... you never know.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home