Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Omen

In honor of the fact that The Omen with Gregory Peck and Lee Remick opened the year I was born, I went to go see it yesterday (6-6-06). Kristen, Ray, Todd and I sat patiently in a room of 18-21 year olds just talking about the original and how we had high hopes for this one because of the cast. Then the sound went out. It was just commercials, but there was no sound. 1st Omen. The 18-21 year olds all starting screaming things like "sound check" and "you broke it"! Whatever. I mumbled my typical "shut the f@*$ up" and went on chatting with the group. Then the sound came back on. The screams of "thank you" and "it's about time" rang from the young folks behind us and the previews began. MIAMI VICE AGAIN. Then the previews slid right off the screen and onto the curtain below. A-HA! 2nd Omen. The previews stopped. Amazingly, not one person spoke. We all just sat waiting for Miami F-ing Vice preview*. Finally it came back on and it seemed as though we were ready... finally. Not quite. During a scene with Julia Stiles, Liev Schreiber, and Mia Farrow the screen moved again. THIS time it went UP. 3rd Omen. Poor Lievs head was in the ceiling. I could hear people yelling about it in the projection booth. They eventually fixed it, and the movie went on. Then, the most glorious and worst thing... during the scene where Liev goes to Julias shrink, there in plain view is the boom microphone. Hanging above their heads. I half expected to see the guy holding it, that is how much of it was showing! I could see out of the corner of my eye that everyone in my group (including me) was laughing but how could that be??? It showed up in that scene quite a few times, and in 3-4 other scenes. 4th Omen. Todd was expecting the camera man to be in the shot and then run around the corner. It was hysterical. I am sure it was there because of the movie projector problems BUT if anyone else sees this movie... watch out for Simon Firsht or Martin Lonek. These two boys are the Boom Microphone Ops for this movie. It is their BIG BREAK!

*I think Miami Vice looks like a decent movie, but I have seen this trailer for the past 4 movies. I am sick of it. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home