Monday, May 08, 2006

DAMN AUDITION SEASON!!

So I auditioned for a musical called A Man of No Importance at the Irish Classical Theatre. It is being directed by my old professor Brother Augustine, whom I adore, and it is an older cast so I thought I'd have a good chance (cue early birthday tears).
I got called back at the initial audition for the role of Adele, the young ingenue. I attempted the worst Irish dialect ever (whale oil beef ucked) but nonetheless, did pretty well.
A week or so later Vincent O'Neill called me to come back again for the same role. He said it would be to read with different people. I said, "So, I won't need to sing again?" Vincent replies, "Not likely, but it's never a bad idea to have something prepared." Man, I suck.
So, I go in there to read for Adele again with one of my favorite performers, Brian Riggs. After our reading, where my Irish seems to have gotten WORSE, Brother looks at me and says, "I would like to hear you sing Princess from the score." DAAAAAMMMMMN!
I sight read the best I can, but WTF!! I came out of the room and rolled my eyes at Brian, and bitched to Lorraine but it was my fault. I didn't need to stay, which was no surprise to me. Oye. Live and learn I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home