Friday, December 26, 2008

30 weeks and 1 day!!

Wow. I remember turning 30 and being anxious, depressed, annoyed, and OLD. Now I am 30 weeks pregnant and I feel anxious but have replaced depression and annoyance with feeling thrilled, overjoyed and excited. I cannot believe we will meet this baby in less than 70 days. I woke up with a major sore throat this morning but I feel this baby dancing inside of me and who cares? Life is good, sore throat and all.

Here is what is happening with Baby Benzin this week:

Baby Benzin is about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him or her, but that volume will decrease as the baby gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after the birth, Baby Benzin will keep those beautiful eyes closed for a good part of the day. When they do open, Baby Benzin will respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means the baby can only make out objects a few inches from that cute little face.

**UPDATE**
I passed my Diabetes test with flying colors and Baby is doing great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thrilled, overjoyed and excited"... what a beautiful way to convey your feelings about being 30 weeks pregnant. We can't wait to meet your sweet bundle of joy!

Love, Mom

Saturday, December 27, 2008 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger M. said...

Go you passing your GD test!! I have a sore throat, too :( MD said chloraseptic, cough drops and sudafed or robitussin if things get really bad. Feel better!!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home