Monday, September 15, 2008

Today is the day...

I figure if I blog about what is about to happen I cannot chicken out. 8 inches of my hair is being donated today to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Campaign. If you have super long hair and are looking to cut it please check out their website here.

I have been growing my hair for 2 years now. It started when Doug asked me to keep it long for Beyond the Rainbow (if I were to be cast, which I was) and it just kept going from there.

The weird thing is, I am really not fond of my hair this long. It is annoying and I am just always putting it up into a ponytail because there is nothing else to do with it. However, that doesn't make it any less hard to part with. What does make it easier is the fact that this Pantene Campaign is a wonderful cause. For those of you who are not familiar, it is for women stricken with cancer and who will possibly lose their hair due to the chemo.

I found out on the website that it takes 6 ponytails to make one wig so I encourage all you long haired beauties to get out there and cry your way through a hair cut. I am sure I will.

***PICTURES***


Before the cut:

Measuring the Hair:



Angel is enjoying cutting that sucker off:

My 9 inches of hair:

Proud Donation:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home