Monday, January 08, 2007

Time to breathe...

Sorry it has been so LONG!!! I have been the rehearsal stage manager for a show called Familiar Strangers which is playing at Musicalfare Theatre. It has some amazingly talented dancers in it, with an artistic and interpretive flair. I like this kind of show because you have to think and, you get to make your own decisions. While the writer/choreographer/director Michael Walline has some very solid ideas floating in his head about what everything means, I think the best part of the show is how much he has given the audience to feel for themselves. I obviously know what the show represents, and what every dance movement means but even then, I like to make my own artistic representations.

The show is really cool, and every aspect of the show is worthy of a full house. So, go see it if you can. Not only will you get to see some fierce dancers, but you will also more than likely have a 45 minute discussion about the show the whole car ride home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home