Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weight Watchers

So maybe if I post my Weight Watchers progress on my blog, I will be SO embarrassed that I will TRY HARDER to lose weight. Last week I gained 1.6. I, surprisingly am not too upset with myself. We all went through a lot with the storm.

I have made the correct steps to lose weight, now it is just a matter of following through. I am allowed 20 points for the day, and 35 extra points for the week to be spent however I want. I could use them all in one shot, or add 5 points to every day. Here are some popular restaurants food points values:

  • McDonald's Hamburger = 6 points
  • McDonald's Big Mac = 13 points
  • Denny's Lumberjack Slam = 25 points
  • Denny's Chicken Strips Dinner 1 serving = 15 points
  • Denny's Mini Burgers with Onion Rings = 50 points
  • Burger King Medium Chocolate Shake = 18 points
  • Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger = 14 points

So, if you eat out a lot, staying within your points range can be difficult.

I have joined a gym (The Jewish Community Center), and I think I am in the right mind frame to lose weight. My goals are realistic, and attainable. I have to lose 7.6 pounds to be where I was before (Zooma Zooma). Now, I am quite aware of the fact that 7.6 is not a lot. But on a Sweet Gherkin like myself, it looks like TWICE as much. I am allowing myself 2 months to get this done (approximately 1 pound a week). So, every week on Thursdays (starting NEXT Thursday), I will be posting my Weight Watchers results whether I lose or gain.

Maybe that will kick my ass into gear!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home