Sunday, October 08, 2006

Till Tomorrow, Mr. Byrne...

A Man of No Importance is over. The show was especially difficult today. I think we were all preparing for it, but it really hit us while we were packing up our bags, and signing pictures.
I have been in shows that when it closes, it really tugs at my heart. Others you cannot wait to get them over with. I remember coming into the last show of Zooma Zooma and Norm, Wendy, Marc and I started crying during warm ups. Spitfire was tough, LaMancha was tough. This show though, my God! I finished my song today, and my throat started to hurt. I was trying so hard not to cry. I blubbered while Brian was singing Love Who You Love. I Tammy Faye Baker'd after Salome, and when I have to say goodbye to Brian at the end, I sounded like Linda Richmond. I tried SO hard to keep it together. BUT, while I was trying to sing my goodbye song, I took most of the cast down with me. I had a wonderful time with this show. I am so glad I did this. This show will stay with me for a long LONG time. "Well I'll see you St. Imelda's, what is there to say? Close the door and pack up the cart..."

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life."
Oscar Wilde

2 Comments:

Blogger . said...

This was, by far, some of your best work I have ever seen you do. You have every right to shed a tear for a show that impacted every person that saw it. Lord knows the audience did.

Monday, October 09, 2006 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Thank you Michael!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home